training: “We must prioritize health before everything and see how we can advance. We hope that we can return to normal, although we do not know how this will affect the return of the competition. There is some fear among the playersCoronavirus: “When you see most of the players who have been infected, as is the case with Pepe Reina, I spoke to him and he told me how bad it was …”.Charitable initiative: “It started as something small, but it has quickly grown to something nationally and internationally. The most beautiful thing is to see the number of supportive people. We are delighted with how everything is going, and hopefully continue raising funds to accumulate as much money as possible” .Sergio Rodríguez: “A luxury to meet Sergio Rodríguez again in a charity event and made to be close to the canaries who need it the most”. Offers: “I have to speak to the club, I have a contract until June 30. I am open to hear other offers”.Betis: “Betis? I don’t know, a meeting with Chelsea is pending.” Pedro Rodriguez went through the microphones of “The Stringer” of Cadena SER to talk about their future, the possibility of signing for Betis and about their solidarity initiative to help Canarian families disadvantaged by the coronavirus social emergency situation.
An officer had approached Brown because he was double-parked in a handicap spot and the interaction quickly escalated. The officer called for backup as the conversation with Brown became tense and a half-dozen squad cars responded.Brown said he thought he and the first responding officer were simply “going to have a dialogue back and forth between two men” and didn’t expect the situation to escalate.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“I don’t see what I could have done different,” said Brown, whose father was a police officer in Maywood, Illinois, where the Bucks guard grew up. He said that before moving to Milwaukee his interactions with police had been for minor things, like traffic tickets.“I’ve encountered polite, rude, everything. But things didn’t escalate in those situations,” he said. Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours At one point after backup arrived, Brown was surrounded by four officers. One of them asked him to take his hands out of his pockets and a scuffle immediately ensued. Within seconds, one officer yelled “Taser! Taser! Taser!” and Brown was on the ground groaning in pain.The video was publicly released Wednesday.Three officers involved in the arrest were disciplined, with suspensions ranging from two to 15 days. Eight others will undergo remedial training in professional communications.Police Chief Alfonso Morales personally apologized to Brown last month when he went to the Bucks’ practice facility to show him the video.“I get mad every time I watch it,” Brown said. “I was defenseless.”ADVERTISEMENT Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Brown’s attorney did not grant an interview request from The Associated Press with his client.Despite what happened, Brown said he doesn’t regret joining the Milwaukee Bucks.“These incidents happen in every state, every county, every jurisdiction,” he said. “I’ve gotten a lot of love and support from Milwaukee.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film View comments Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Boston bound: LeBron pushes Cavs to Game 7 vs. Celtics China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls This Jan. 26, 2018 police body-camera footage released by Milwaukee Police Department shows NBA Bucks guard Sterling Brown as he talks to arresting police officers after being shot by a stun gun in a Walgreens parking lot in Milwaukee. The release comes as city officials who’ve viewed the videos have expressed concern about how officers conducted themselves. Even leaders of the police department have hinted the video may make them look bad. (Milwaukee Police Department via AP)MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown said Friday he “gave in” when police used a stun gun as they detained him for a parking violation because he didn’t want officers to “pull out their guns.”“I was just being smart. I just wanted to get out of the situation and get home,” Brown told the Journal Sentinel. He said he still gets upset when he watches the video of his interaction with officers in the parking lot of a Walgreens on Jan. 26.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew
Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal View comments Bortnikov gave no further details in comments reported by the Tass state news agency.Russia used thousands of police and cutting-edge surveillance technology to guard the World Cup. However, four Pussy Riot protesters managed to run onto the field during the final.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissIn April, Russia said “extremists” and nationalist soccer hooligans had planned to attack World Cup events in the city of Samara but were foiled. Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? MOSCOW— Russia says it thwarted attempted drone attacks at this year’s World Cup.Alexander Bortnikov, the head of Russia’s Federal Security Service, says his officers “took measures to detect and foil attempts by terrorists to use drones during the preparation and hosting of various major political and sports events, most of all during the soccer World Cup.”ADVERTISEMENT Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title MOST READ Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Belingon ‘100 percent confident’ vs Fernandes in ONE title unification fight Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil
At least 50 school children yesterday received an assortment of school supplies, valued at US$2,500 from Street Child of Liberia.The funds were provided by the Rotary Club of Monrovia.Each child received a book bag, uniforms, copybooks, pens and pencils. The presentation was made at the Timose Academy’s compound in Paco Community, near the Freeport of Monrovia.Before the presentations, which were made in the presence of the beneficiaries’ parents, Street Child’s Ebola Response Coordinator, Kaba Y. Moore, explained the need for both children and parents to observe Ebola preventive measures outlined by the Ministry of Health (MOH).“Don’t follow your friend to eat their food as you used to do before,” Moore, an expert in psychosocial counseling, told the children. “We beg you, when you wash your hands, do it so that every part of your hands is washed.”Moore explained that the fight to kick Ebola out of Liberia is everyone’s business, “and that’s why we are here to encourage you and your parents to follow the things you must do to kill Ebola.”He told the parents, “When you come to school and find your children being set aside because they are sick, don’t feel bad about it because by putting your child aside, school authorities are trying to ensure that other children are not affected by whatever ailment there is.”Moore effectively demonstrated step by step measures for the children and their parents to follow in washing their hands.Street Child of Liberia’s program director, Michael John Bull, told the gathering his organization is here to serve them, and urged the parents to take care of the children.“Street Child is here for you,” Bull said, “and if we work together we can achieve our goal to kick Ebola out of the country.”Representing Rotary Club of Monrovia, Walter J. Dean, a member of its Ebola Response Committee, expressed appreciation to Street Child of Liberia for effectively organizing the program, and assured the parents of Rotary Club of Monrovia’s interest and support through Street Child of Liberia.“We want your children to go to school,” Dean said, “and that is why we provided support by getting these items for all of you.”Responding, a spokeswoman for the beneficiaries said, “I want God to bless you for this important support to our children.” She promised to follow all the instructions to ensure that Ebola is driven out of Liberia.Present at the program were Street Child’s Program Support Officer, Ms. Lizzie Lake, presently in the country for six months, and Ms. Chloe Dannatt, Street Child’s Program Director, who is visiting Street Child of Liberia.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The new E Division (Linden-Kwakwani) Police Headquarters in Linden has received a quantity of office supplies to the tune of US$8000 from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and other entities.The items, which consist of supplies including chairs, tables, water dispensers and other articles, were donated as part of the church’s humanitarian aid initiative.Additionally, over $300,000 in items were donated on behalf of the Mackenzie Police Station’s Management Committee to assist with the furnishing of the newly-constructed facility.Speaking at the ceremony, representatives of the church’s welfare services, Sister and Elder Bohne of New Orleans noted that they were pleased to make the contribution and praised the collaborative effort.“Part of our plan is to always partner with other people so that there’s many of us working together for the betterment…” she said, as she noted the church’s mandate of also assisting women and children as well as the poor and needy. In his remarks, Elder Bohne recalled visiting the headquarters last October when construction was just completed and deciding to provide assistance based on information he received.Meanwhile, Chairman of Station Management Committee, Avery Trim said he was happy that the church came on board and that the Committee was happy to make its presentation. In thanking the other donors, he said the items will not only serve the police but the general public.Trim urged the recipients to take good care of the items, noting that it was not the last donation and that the Committee will ensure that the facility and outposts are adequately furnished.President of the Linden Branch of the church, Ryan Ramdeholl also expressed gratitude to the couple for the donation. Other donors included Bernard’s Variety, Celina Ramdeholl and Singh’s, among others.Elder and Sister Bohne, who have been attached to Guyana for several months also provide assistance to countries such as Trinidad, Suriname and the ABC islands and conduct a number of projects annually. Through the humanitarian aid initiative, they also support the Ptolemy Reid Centre by supplying wheelchairs. They noted that Guyana is the recipient of the majority of projects.
A Berbice woman is now dead after her husband reportedly stabbed her to death at their Bath Squatting Area, West Coast Berbice home.Dead is 44-year-old Geeta (only name given). Guyana Times understands that the woman’s body was discovered by her son about 18:00h on Tuesday evening.This publication was told that the woman’s husband, who is called “Shahrukh Khan” put his son, daughter and son-in-law out of the house last week following an argument.A neighbour told this newspaper that the man was very abusive towards his wife and regularly consumes alcohol. According to the neighbour, on Tuesday the son returned to the house to check on his mother and made the gruesome discovery. Having made the discovery, the son raised an alarm and the Police were called.Guyana Times was told that from the state of the body, the woman may have been killed on Monday. However, the Police were unable to locate the husband, who has since gone into hiding. An investigation has been launched.
Police investigation continues and the name of the victim, a Fort Nelson resident, believed to have relatives in Fort St. John, has not been released. The Fort Nelson RCMP has confirmed there was a Victoria Day weekend fatal single vehicle crash, just off the Alaska Highway at Prophet River.Police say a car that had gone over a steep embankment near a bed and breakfast was discovered Tuesday, by an ATV operator traveling on a trail near the highway.However, it’s believed the car had been there for two or three days…buried in thick bush and a creek bed, and not visible from the highway.- Advertisement -The Mounties have linked the case to a call received early last Saturday morning from a Fort Nelson man, who reported his car had been taken without his consent by his 23 year old nephew.Fort Nelson RCMP Staff Sergeant Tom Roy says, it’s believed the crash victim had hoped to use the vehicle to visit a girlfriend in Fort St. John…[asset|aid=3581|format=mp3player|formatter=asset_bonus|title=1f648189bb830ab2fd8cad4812a5f638-Staff Sgt. Tom Roy_1_Pub.mp3] Advertisement
“This is the Super Bowl of marathons,” he said. “I wasn’t going to be deterred. With everything that’s going on here, it could’ve been a lot worse, and I could’ve had a miserable day. I didn’t, and I’m very happy.” Levine, 37, is an avid runner who organizes an annual Kids Fitness Challenge in the San Fernando Valley, and who hopes some day to launch a full marathon in the Valley. Braving 50 mph winds and pouring rain, Assemblyman Lloyd Levine, D-Van Nuys, finished the Boston Marathon in the top 10 percent Monday with a final time of 3:10:03, or about 7:15 per mile. His time put Levine in 1,909th place overall, or 1,797th among male runners. Runners struggled through a nor’easter that was considered the worst marathon weather since at least 1970. Levine said after the race that given the conditions, he was pleased with his results and felt good afterward. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Mauricio Pochettino takes his Tottenham side to the Emirates for his first taste of a north London derby as manager of Spurs.And he is eyeing a long stay at White Hart Lane, where he is hoping to emulate his opposite number at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger.“Tottenham, for me, is a big job and it’s a dream to stay here like him [Wenger], to have the time [at Tottenham] that Arsene has had at Arsenal,” said Pochettino.You do know Daniel Levy is your boss, Mauricio?Might be time to get your coat.Remember, Arsenal v Tottenham is live on talkSPORT with coverage beginning at 5pm on Saturday 27 September. Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino wants to emulate Arsene Wenger’s longevity 1
IRELAND keeper Shay Given has urged the FAI to reward Giovanni Trapattoni with a new contract after Ireland’s 4-0 win in Estonia put is within touching distance of next year’s Euro championships.The Lifford man believes Trapattoni has earned the right to another deal and wants the Italian to stay for the 2014 World Cup qualifiers too!The FAI is due to meet the country’s manager after Tuesday’s second leg in the play-offs. “Hopefully he will the contract sorted rather than later,” said record caps holder Given.“People keep forgetting we are a small nation and we have got to lots of play-offs with him and we were really unlucky against France.“We have a fantastic chance of going to Poland and Ukraine now. Hopefully he’ll get his contract sorted.”The Co Donegal man says he can’t wait until Tuesday, adding: “It’s a great feeling. We have had so many sad stories overt the years, talking to you guys after games and everyone is on a real downer. I can’t take the smile off my face. “We are not there yet but we have got a fantastic chance now of finishing the job off on Tuesday.“Anything can happen in football – we could get a red card in the first few minutes. Please God we can finish the job off.“We have got a great bunch of lads and they are all delighted tonight. It’s a great night to be Irish but we will be professional on Tuesday.”SHAY: TRAP DESERVES NEW CONTRACT FROM FAI was last modified: November 13th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Co DonegalLiffordShay Given