Prince Estate Releases New Album, ‘Piano & A Microphone 1983’ [Listen]

first_imgThe Prince estate has released a new album of previously unreleased home recordings, dubbed Piano & A Microphone 1983. The nine-track LP includes cassette recordings that Prince made at his piano at his Kiowa Trail home studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota.Much of Piano and a Microphone 1983 features Prince in his most intimate form, working through future classics like “Purple Rain”, “17 Days”, “Strange Relationship” and “International Love”, as well as a cover of Joni Mitchell‘s “A Case of You.”During the final year of his life, in 2016, Prince embarked on his now-legendary “Piano & A Microphone” tour, in which the Purple One performed as a one-man show. It was during this tour that his health complications started to become public, and that fans started to worry that the mystical musician was in danger. He died on April 21, 2016 from an accidental overdose of fentanyl at the age of 57.“This raw, intimate recording, which took place at the start of Prince’s career right before he achieved international stardom, is similar in format to the Piano & A Microphone Tour that he ended his career with in 2016,” Prince Estate entertainment adviser Troy Carter said in a previous statement. “The Estate is excited to be able to give fans a glimpse of his evolution and show how his career ultimately came full circle with just him and his piano.”The album cover features a rare image of Prince backstage during the 1999 tour captured by Allen Beaulieu, who worked closely with Prince from 1979-1984.The Deluxe version of Piano and a Microphone 1983 includes a 12″ booklet with new liner notes from Prince’s engineer, Don Batts, as well as never-before-seen candid photos of the Purple One.You can listen to the full album here:Prince – Piano & A Microphone 1983last_img read more

Section offers free ethics CLE

first_img August 15, 2005 Regular News Section offers free ethics CLE Section offers free ethics CLE The General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Section is making its most recent five-hour ethics CLE program available to its membership at no cost as a way of saying “thank you” to its members according to Linzie Bogan, chair of the section.In April, the section sponsored its First Annual Florida Law Ethics Update CLE, designed to mirror its long running Annual Florida Law Update program held each year during the Bar’s Annual Meeting.“The Ethics Law Update is somewhat unique in that it allows participants to secure all of their needed ethics credits by attending one seminar,” said Bogan. “The live presentation of the program was well attended and warmly received.”This offer is also available to nonmembers of the section. Those interested in taking advantage of this free ethics CLE offer may visit www.gpssf.org and click the link labeled “Free Ethics CD offer.” Your request must be received no later than November 1, 2005.Plans are also underway for the section’s First Annual General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Conference that will provide section members with an opportunity to attend informative programs and otherwise meet with other practitioners who have similar practice dynamics. The program is tentatively scheduled for April 2006, in a location yet to be determined.last_img read more

Bravo says `honest discussion’ needed on contentious Windies first policy

first_imgPORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad  (CMC) – All-rounder Dwayne Bravo is anticipating an “honest discussion” between the new Cricket West Indies (CWI) leadership and players regarding the contentious ‘West Indies First’ policy, and has warned that finding a workable solution will be crucial to the future success of the limited overs side.A former one-day captain, Bravo, said the enforcement of the policy in recent years had marginalised key white ball players, and had ultimately led to the decline of the Caribbean side in both the Twenty20 and one-day formats.“They (CWI) cannot just continue to be hard masters to say West Indies First policy – it can’t work like that,” the 35-year-old told i95.5 FM in an interview Thursday.“It doesn’t make sense to demand these things on players. Players have opportunities now, it’s no longer West Indies First; it’s sit down, have an honest discussion, know what’s best. You guys (CWI) get back our services now and it’s only going to be better for West Indies cricket if we play.“And if we go down the road of West Indies First policy and we say ‘fine, we’re not playing’ then you see the results. For example, (look at) the one day team, they haven’t won a series going on five years. The last time the one-day team won a series was when I was captain of the team. “The T20 team, look at it now, after Darren Sammy is gone and removed – look at the state of West Indies T20 team. The T20 was our most dominant team and then look at the condition of West Indies T20 team now all because of the previous administration being vindictive and small-minded.“It’s not going to help Caribbean people, it’s not going to help Caribbean cricket. Everyone just needs to be smart and want the best.”The controversial policy, enforced under the last Dave Cameron-led administration, required players to participate in CWI domestic competitions, in order to be eligible for international selection. It was an attempt to force players to commit to West Indies duty over the lure of global Twenty20 leagues.However, the policy resulted in several of the region’s high-profile players being sidelined from international selection, and the weakening of the limited overs side.West Indies lie eighth in the ICC Test and ODI rankings are ninth in T20s – the format in which they are the reigning World champions.Bravo said going forward, it was essential that players and CWI strike the right balance between franchise commitments and international selection.“I already have contracts from now until 2021. There is a tournament in every country where cricket is played and I had a chat with Floyd Reifer who is the coach and let him know: listen, some of these series that are going to be played are obviously going to be clashing with these leagues,” Bravo said.“It’s going to be unfair for West Indies or the board to ask us to give up these contracts to come back and play; but we can give up a league to play a series but they also have to allow us to play couple leagues also. “They can’t expect us to cut our contracts. We have to find a balance where everyone is happy. It cannot be one-sided; it cannot be West Indies way or no way. We have to sit down as professionals and big adults.”The next 12 months will be crucial for West Indies as they prepare to defend their T20 world title next year in Australia in the event which runs from October 18 to November 15.last_img read more