“This month, the state has increased testing at drive-thru and walk-up sites across the state”, the department said in a statement. In total, these sites have allowed the state to perform more than 5,000 additional tests per day. Overall, between state supported walk-up sites and state-supported drive-thru sites, more than 196,000 tests have been administered.” The Division says it will continue to provide this testing across the state as they work to respond to COVID-19. Officials said that more than 90,000 tests have been administered throughout the state this month so far, and of that number, 1,702 were damaged. “Since May 1, we have opened drive-thru sites in Sarasota, Lee, Miami-Dade, Escambia, Broward, Brevard and Volusia counties, as well as walk-up sites in Opa Locka, Daytona Beach, North Lauderdale, Miramar and Sarasota. TALLAHASSEE – The Florida Division of Emergency Management confirmed that almost 2,000 COVID-19 tests that were administered at drive-thru and walk-up test sites so far in May were damaged in transit. Every patient affected will be contacted and will need to be retested, department officials said Thursday in a statement. Affected patients will also be prioritized for retesting.