Home Indiana Agriculture News Prepare for Great New Menu Items at Indiana State Fair SHARE Facebook Twitter State Fair new food itemsJust two weeks from Friday when the Indiana State Fair opens again, new featured foods will be available throughout the fairgrounds. That’s as it should be when you realize the 2017 fair theme is THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FOOD. The Indiana beef producers will be selling the Cattlemen’s Choice, a ribeye steak topped with smoked beef brisket. And Indiana Pork has quite a pork burger entered in the Indiana State Fair “Taste of Indiana” contest.“This year the Indiana pork producers decided that our Peanut Butter Pineapple Pork Burger would be our featured menu item for the Indiana State Fair,” explained Jeanette Merritt, Indiana Pork’s Director of Checkoff Programs. “We went through a lot of taste testing with a lot of different ideas and this is the one that won. Our staff and our concessionaire managers picked this one, and strangely enough it sounds like an odd combination, but it is a great pairing and I think people who go to the fair are going to want to stop by and purchase it.”She says the combination of peanut butter and meat is not totally new.“I have never had peanut butter on a pork burger when I’ve been in a restaurant or out to eat anywhere, however, after we developed this idea we have heard of some restaurants around Indiana, including the Triple XXX Root Beer in West Lafayette and I think Scotty’s in Indianapolis and some of their locations around the state put peanut butter on a hamburger. This idea is somewhat like a Tai dish because sometimes you’ll see noodles with peanut butter and pork in it, and we thought throwing the pineapple and all of it together would be a great combination.”The Peanut Butter Pineapple Pork Burger will be available at all three Indiana Pork tents during the fair.If you plan on dessert following your main meal, the Dairy Bar has a brand new milkshake.“This year’s new milkshake will be the root beer float milkshake,” said Jenni Browning with American Dairy Association, Indiana. “That’s exactly what it tastes like just like your favorite root beer float. We try to do a new shake each year but we’ll still have our old favorites back, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate, but if you are a root beer float fan you’ll enjoy it.”Browning added the flavor is mild enough that you might even enjoy if you’re not a particular fan of the standard root beer float.Their Dairy Bar is also featuring the new Mousetrap grilled cheese sandwich.“It was the winning grilled cheese sandwich from the Ultimate Grilled Cheese contest at the state fair last year, and the creator of this grilled cheese is Andrew Kuehnert, a dairy farmer from Fort Wayne, Kuehnert Dairy Farm. His creation is on Texas toast, has Colby cheese, cheddar cheese and Havarti.”The Indiana State Fair runs August 4-20, 2017. By Andy Eubank – Jul 17, 2017 Prepare for Great New Menu Items at Indiana State Fair Facebook Twitter SHARE Previous articleLiquidation Could End with New Crop StressesNext articleMorning Outlook Andy Eubank
BahrainMiddle East – North Africa Receive email alerts RSF_en Help by sharing this information October 14, 2020 Find out more March 17, 2021 Find out more German spyware company FinFisher searched by public prosecutors Follow the news on Bahrain to go further News ———————10.10.2011 – Judicial nightmare for journalists in new wave of prosecutionsReporters Without Borders is alarmed by a wave of trials involving journalists although the government lifted the state of emergency and announced the start of a “national dialogue.”In the most high-profile case, three senior journalists with Al-Wasat, the country’s only opposition newspaper – editor Mansour Al-Jamari, managing editor Walid Nouihid and local news editor Aqil Mirza – are to appear in court tomorrow on charges of disseminating false information and undermining the country’s image. All three were forced to resign in April when the newspaper was temporarily banned.Jamari admits that several articles contained false information but he points that all of this information was sent from the same IP address and he suspects that the newspaper was set up, especially as it has been target of a major smear campaign in the government media in recent months.Reporters Without Borders urges the court to drop all the charges against these three journalists in line with the spirit of the national dialogue that King Hamad II proposed at the start of July.As already reported, the prison sentences imposed on 14 Shiite activists including the blogger Abdeljalil Al-Singace were upheld on appeal on 27 September. According to the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR), they have begun a hunger strike to protest against the arrests of 40 women activists who staged a protest on 23 September to demand their release.Around 20 of the women protesters, including Noor Aqeel Al-Ghasra, a journalist with the daily Al-Ahad, have been charged with illegal assembly, disturbing public order by using violence, and inciting a revolt. According to some sources, Al-Ghasra was tortured by the police during her first night in detention. Her lawyer has condemned the conditions in which they are being held and the court’s refusal to let defence witnesses testify.Ali Almosawi, an Alam TV reporter who had been covering the anti-government protests in Bahrain since February, has been awaiting prosecution on treason charges since 12 September. The authorities have censored the TV station’s websites and severely restricted its broadcasts.All Internet activity continues to be closely monitored by the authorities. The BJDM website, for example, has been blocked ever since it posted a statement by former parliamentarian Ali Aswad on 16 August. Aswad and all the other parliamentary members of his party, Al-Wefaq, resigned their seats in February in protest against the government’s crackdown on the protests.The authorities recently hacked into the blog of Basema Al-Qasab, a journalist with the daily Al-Waqt who is due to appear before a criminal court on 14 November on charges of illegal assembly and inciting violence. The photographer Mojtaba Salmat is due to appear in court the same day on charges of helping foreign TV stations and participating in illegal gatherings.Al-Qasab was already interrogated on 19 May in connection with several Twitter messages and an article published on the BBC Arabic website on 17 February about violence against demonstrators by the security forces. She was fired from her education ministry post on 20 June.The lawyer of the detained online activist Hasan Salman Abu Ali has condemned the conditions in which he is being held and has called for his immediate release. Ali has reportedly been tortured and repeatedly humiliated since his arrest on 14 May 2009 on a charge of violating state secrecy for posting a list of names of interior ministry employees on an online forum. A court refused to release him in August on the grounds of misconduct in detention.The photographer Sadiq Marzouq did not respond to a summons to appear in court on 16 September because he feared he would be arrested. Marzouq was arrested on 16 March, after covering violence by soldiers against opposition demonstrations, and the following day police searched his home and confiscated his equipment.The journalist Reem Khalifa learned on 5 October from her lawyers that she had been summoned to appear before a judge the previous day. As she did not receiving any notification of the summons, a new hearing has been set for 18 October.Reporters Without Borders urges the kingdom’s authorities to stop trying to intimidate journalists in this manner and calls on the courts to dismiss all the charges against them. October 10, 2011 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Court fines three journalists BahrainMiddle East – North Africa A court today fined three newspaper journalists – Mansour Al-Jamari, Walid Nouihid and Aqil Mirza – 1,000 dinars (2,660 dollars) for publishing “false news” between 25 and 29 March. The journalists said the false reports were deliberately planted in order to expose their newspaper to charges of disinformation. News News Tenth anniversary of Bahraini blogger’s arrest Organisation News Coronavirus “information heroes” – journalism that saves lives June 15, 2020 Find out more
Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash NewsLimerick armed robber with 180 convictions given another chanceBy Staff Reporter – May 31, 2016 1020 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Advertisement Twitter Linkedin Facebook Print TAGSJohn Hayeslimerickpaddy power WhatsApp Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Previous articleTwo Limerick sisters brawled outside family homeNext articleRugby – Ireland launch new jersey as Vodafone come on board Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Limerick Circuit CourtAN ARMED robber who used a knife to demand money at a Limerick betting shop had his case adjourned for five months after a circuit court said he was “in the best condition” he had seen.John Hayes, (43) of Hartigan Villas, Moyross, pleaded guilty to the attempted robbery of a bookie office on August 21, 2013.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Sergeant Ivan Muldoon told Limerick Circuit Court that Gardaí were alerted to an incident at the Paddy Power betting shop on Upper William Street after a man entered the premises and demanded money from the all-female members of staff.John Hayes, who had 180 previous convictions, was in a nearby pub and borrowed an orange hoody from an “associate” he was drinking with.When entered the betting shop, he demanded the money and produced a knife from his sleeve.The staff refused to hand over the money and Hayes ran from the shop when they hit the panic button.Sergeant Muldoon said that he obtained “very good quality” CCTV footage of Hayes returning to the pub a short time after his attempted robbery.When he was arrested and questioned, he admitted the offence.Stating that none of the staff at the betting shop made victim impact statements, Judge Tom O’Donnell said that one of them said she was frightened and afraid that she “works in premises prone to this type of incident”.Judge O’Donnell said he agreed that attacks like that “leaves staff vulnerable”.He said that the defendant had a serious and chronic heroin addiction and most of his previous convictions date back to 1985. Most of them were carried out to feed his chronic drug habit.After considering a number of probation reports, Judge O’Donnell said that he was prepared to give Hayes a chance and adjourned the case to October 4.“The court is well aware of Mr Hayes and he is in the best condition I’ve seen for a long while. There are positive aspects in the reports and I’m prepared to give him a chance, but I am also giving liberty for the State and the Probation Services to reenter the matter if the need arises”, he added.
Business Grants Available for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Systems from USDA Rural DevelopmentBy David H. RobinsonBusiness Programs Director Energy conservation and renewable energy production are increasing the bottom line for businesses in Vermont and New Hampshire. USDA Rural Development can pay for up to 25% of eligible efficiency or renewable energy system costs with grant funds and help finance an additional 50% of the project costs with a guaranteed loan. Biofuel production equipment is also an eligible program purpose. The maximum grants are $500,000 for renewable systems and $250,000 for efficiency projects.In many cases, USDA RD can help a business structure a deal that requires no ‘out-of-pocket’ cash. Examples of Vermont and New Hampshire renewable energy and energy efficiency projects previously funded include installation of energy efficient lighting, development of biomass boiler systems, improvements to HVAC, upgraded refrigeration systems, geothermal heating systems and installation of reverse osmosis equipment for maple producers.USDA RD grant and loan guarantee funds may be combined with grants or loans from other private, state or local sources such as bank loans, efficiency rebates or renewable energy generation incentive programs.Businesses interested in learning more about the program and to determine if they qualify, should contact USDA Rural Development in either Montpelier, VT at 802-828-6031 or Concord, NH at 603-223-6045.- End –
Arcades denounce DCMS reclassification postponing June reopening June 12, 2020 GVC expects strong full year results following online growth January 17, 2020 StumbleUpon Share Related Articles UKGC gambling statistics highlight retail declines May 29, 2020 Share Submit The Association of British Bookmakers (ABB) has expressed its belief that a report which estimates the potential economic cost of cutting fixed odds betting terminal (FOBT) stakes to £2 was “flawed.” The report, which was conducted by the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) for the British Amusement Catering Trade Association (BACTA), came to the conclusion that if the Government were to cut the stakes on FOBTs to £2 the economic implications for betting wouldn’t be as significant as first anticipated. The CEBR projected that the potential losses for betting shops would be up to 47% lower than the government had originally detailed in its impact assessment. Which outlined that the industry would lose £639 million, however the CEBR has claimed that the reduction would only lead to a £335m deduction in annual gross gambling yield for high street betting shops.Commenting on the research, an ABB Spokesperson said: “This is a flawed report, funded by those with vested commercial interests, with no access to betting shop industry data.“The Treasury’s own analysis, with detailed betting shop data, has estimated that the net negative cost to the UK economy of a £2 stake would be a staggering £8.5bn at worst over the next ten years, and £5.5bn at best.”Research that has previously been done by the ABB has outlined that such a drastic reduction in the stake would subsequently lead to 4,500 shop closures, 21,000 job losses and £1.1 billion lost tax revenue within two years.The government is currently in the midst ’12-week consultation period for proposals on ‘changes to gaming machines and social responsibility requirements across the UK gambling sector’. At October’s Triennial review to gaming machines stakes and has announced that the current maximum stakes on FOBTs will be cut from £100, to between £50 – £2.